In support of its vision to strengthen and accelerate discovery in nanoscience and nanoengineering across the US, SENIC has established the SENIC Catalyst Program. This program will allow members from the microtechnology, nanotechnology, and larger scientific communities limited free access to the SENIC facilities to aid in research, obtain preliminary data, conduct proof of concept studies, or for educational purposes. For more details on SENIC tools and capabilities, please visit Facilities and Tools.
- Open only to new, first-time principal investigators of SENIC facilities from external academic institutions (non-GT, non-NCA&T and non-UNCG) or non-profit organizations in the US.
- SENIC encourages applications from non-traditional users of nanotechnology (e.g. life and environmental sciences, paper and textiles, biomedical, agriculture, etc.), non-Research I institutions, Primarily Undergraduate Institutions (PUIs), under-represented groups, K-12 schools, and community colleges.
- Rolling; submissions accepted throughout the year.
- Projects will be selected based upon a) proposal quality, b) need for access to state-of-art instrumentation, c) impact, and d) alignment with SENIC’s mission.
- Upon selection, projects will receive up to $1000 worth of free SENIC facility/tool access, staff time, and limited materials and supplies for a period of six months. The current user rates can be found at https://senic.gatech.edu/about/rates/.
SENIC is supported by the NSF NNCI program. This support should be acknowledged in publications/presentations that are made possible by work performed at SENIC facilities (IEN or JSNN).
- Suggested Text: “This work was performed in part at the Georgia Tech Institute for Electronics and Nanotechnology or Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, a member of the National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure (NNCI), which is supported by the National Science Foundation (Grant ECCS-1542174).”
- In presentations, listing IEN, JSNN, and/or SENIC along with your other acknowledgements is sufficient. If you wish to use IEN, JSNN, or SENIC logo, please contact us – https://senic.gatech.edu/contact-us/.
Catalyst Project Application